Doesn’t get easier than this to get a Friends of the Urban Forest tree in San Francisco. I will be using this as I continue my quest for a planting event in Miraloma Park, SF.
GETTING A TREE WITH FRIENDS OF THE URBAN FOREST
WHAT YOU DO:
- Point to a spot on the sidewalk
- Signing the document called “Forms of the Urban Forest” and a check for 75 bucks.
WHAT FUF DOES:
- Acquire the permits from the city
- Perform utilities checks under your sidewalk
- Provide you with a list of arborist approved trees in your microclimate
- and a chance to meet and talk with our arborist
- Mark where the trees will go
- Cut the concrete in front of the house
- Show up with a team of volunteers and plant your tree
- Supply all the stakes, arbor ties, and watering buckets for your tree
- Provide 18 months of arborist-led tree care after the planting.