Ran into a tough issue with a Samsung Digital Signage unit that turned out to be quite a hassle. The unit was inconsistent on the wireless network and unable to reliably push content from MagicInfo. After numerous attempts to correct directly with the unit, I called tech support and eventually got through this solution. If you are having the some inconsistency with a DBE series unit, be sure to go into the Menu/Support and get the latest firmware. The issue with the unit we purchased was that the unit was too many versions behind the current firmware, so it wouldn’t perform an over the air update.
Here is the manual way to accomplish the update. My unit model was a DB55E and my version was 1014.
- Check the version via the remote control from Menu/Support/Update and try to play the other the air update. If it is too many versions behind current, it will come back that you have the latest update. This would be incorrect.
- If the update went well, you can stop here. If it didn’t, download this file. I am posting this because it was oddly difficult to obtain. It’s ~700megs.
- Unzip that zip and put the contents of the unzipped folder on a USB memory stick.
- Make sure to name the folder “T-GFSLE2AKUC” only and it should reside on the root level of the memory stick.
- Connect it to the display USB port.
- Run the update via the menu again, but this time you will be prompted if you want to search the USB storage. You do.
- Let the screen run the update all the way through. It will take a few minutes then bring it back to the source search and or static snow.
- Go back into Menu / Setup and confirm the update ran.
YMMV but hope this helps you without consuming the time it took me to get to a solution.