In working with some large table exports with RazorSQL, I ran into some Java heap errors. Here is how to fix it by throwing more memory at Java in the runtime parameters.
- Get the latest version on Java. I know, Oracle and all, but just get the latest version. At the time of this post, it was 1.80.91
- Go to the “Configura Java” application or the java Control Panel and then into the Java tab to view/edit runtime settings.
- Add an entry for the -Xms parameter. In my example, I gave it 3 gb more memory, but YMMV. I ended-up going with 4gbs 0r 4096m.
That gave me a little more room in exporting some large tables from an old Sybase ASE database via RazorSQL since RazorSQL is a java program looking at the runtime for parameters.